We're excited to announce our beta release of Scribe on Product Hunt today!
Scribe had humble origins as an internal tool – we built it to document workflows to be automated. (It's what we give to customers to record workflows they want to automate with Cursive). In working with our customers, we’ve seen that oftentimes documenting workflows is a challenge in and of itself. Here’s what we’ve learned:
- 🚫 Most process know-how is not written down - it lives in people’s minds as institutional knowledge
- 📓 What has been written down is static and stale - think of the training manual that no one opens again after on-boarding
- 🤯 No one likes creating user guides - it’s annoying and tedious to write up process steps in a google doc, create and import screenshots, paste images into emails, etc
- ℹ️ Yet, it’s more important than ever - with the rise of remote work, sharing “how-to” knowledge (digitally) has become a critical business imperative
- 💁♂️ We need a simpler way to share what we know with others - that doesn’t add to already heavy slack/zoom/email/communications overhead. Content needs to be easy to consume and even easier to create; ideally, it’s asynchronous, reusable for the creator, skimmable and digestible for the reader at their own pace, and referenceable for everyone.
We realized that what we’d built with Scribe could be a solution to this problem. With this beta release of Scribe, we’ve made it easier than ever before to capture and share your “how-to” knowledge. One click, Scribe will watch you work your magic and turn what you do into an illustrated, shareable step-by-step user guide.
Create guides for training, on-boarding, remote support, product documentation and more. Documentation is now as easy as just doing the task itself.
To get started, simply download Scribe and follow the on-screen instructions. Email us at email@example.com. with any questions, feedback or simply to say hello.
And if you're interested in automating, drop us a line. We've been quietly automating enterprise workflows since 2019. If you can record it with Scribe, we can automate it - usually within a matter of days - using only your Scribe file.